Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'd rather be bald.

I'm going to whine just a tiny bit. If you're surprised, obviously you're not a faithful reader of this blog. Which is okay. I'm still grateful that you come by to visit every once in a while. Heaven knows SOMEONE should.

I just spent 45 minutes giving myself what my Asian ethnicity should have given me naturally: Straight hair. I know what you're thinking, "45 minutes and her hair always looks like that??" And yes, after a better part of an hour, my hair just looks...hopefully regular. So you can imagine what it looks like before my strenuous regimen every morning. Don't think I'm shallow please. If you think about it, I'm trying not to scare you to death with my frizzier than Medusa hair, so I'm really spending 45 minutes of my morning saving lives. Also, I tried out some curls the other day. The article I was reading told me it was supposed to give me the "just woke up natural waves" look. Yeah. It took me an hour and a half to look like I just "rolled out of bed."Still, it was cute. To the men who read this blog, be grateful most of you just get out of the shower, run some gel/hairspray/pomade/other feminine product through your hair and call it good. I'm very jealous.

One last note. I saw the other day that Paula Deen is coming out with a furniture line. Good. I was in need of a good couch made of butter.

6 comments:

  1. Why are gel and hairspray naturally labeled feminine. Talk about promoting sexist, anti-equality views in this blog. Frankly, I am offended. Ninja, as a student of human psychology, I expected better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...... I think your hair is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a student of psychology, I have learned that sexism and anti-equality is here to stay. Our job is just to help people deal with that fact. Bret, call me and...let's talk out your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps, Bret, we might also need to talk about your expectations. From your comments, you're expectations for me are WAY too high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. interesting blog. i wonder if Yi Ning has found this yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete