Monday, December 15, 2008

The hole that food can't fill

Last night, on my way back from attending my first advent celebration at Spencer's house in Bountiful, I turned my radio station to Kosy 106.5 for some Christmas music. The person who was currently on the air for that station was Delilah. Feeling rather in the Christmas spirit after listening (and singing along) to Santa Baby, I turned up the volume and prepared myself for the next Christmas song. However, more Christmas music did not follow. What did follow was Delilah saying the following:

"Christmas is a wonderful time. The snow, the sights, the smells, and we're in love. And if you're not, well, then it stinks. But that's why we're here. To fill the hole in your heart."

Needless to say, I immediately set all my radio presets to Delilah. I now look forward to her filling the hole in my heart. For the rest of my life.

Oh, one more thing. I received no less than three wedding invitations today. Getting those in the mail used to be cute. Now it's more like getting fancy insults delivered right to my mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment