Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

You might have assumed from the title that this post might be about me missing someone or realizing how much I liked a person. Well, that is false. Fortunately for my friends, if I like them, I never let them out of my sight. So I wouldn't know what it's like to miss them.* Ask Spencer Cawley. It's been about 12 hours since I last saw him and I have half a mind to barge into his current class just so I can have a small glimpse of his slim physique and full head of hair.

Today I realized how much I've missed school. 2 out of the 3 people who will eventually read this post will probably want to slap me after reading that. To those two people: I know what you're thinking; I don't care.

What I miss isn't the stressing over exams, homework and the occasional mind numbingly boring lectures. What I miss are the chuckle worthy moments on campus that I have a hard time finding anywhere else. Some examples:

1. Today I saw a boy on campus. This boy was wearing a pink t-shirt with white letters. On the front it said: I love BYU. I walked passed him and chose to turn around for another look. The back of his t-shirt said: Just kidding. I chuckled all the way to my next class. (Right after walking past that guy I actually saw another guy with a t-shirt that said "sh*t" on it. I would have chuckled at that as well, but it was JUST too inappropriate.)

2. I sit next to a man in biology 100 (I say man because he looks 30 and is always in a shirt and tie). Today is the second time that we've sat next to each other. Today I noticed something unique about him. He uses a Pulse smartpen. I really need to be his study buddy because when I can't remember what the definition of science is, I'll be able to read his notes AND listen to it.

3. Spencer Cawley texting me stuff like, "Someone's sitting in my seat!" On the second day of a non-assigned seats class.

So there you have it. Reasons why I've missed school. Here's to an enjoyable semester.

*Sometimes under unavoidable circumstances, I do spend less time than I would like with my friends. And to those friends....I'm sorry. I wish I could see you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment